2:00 – 3:00 PM Friday, February 18th, 2011
Are you ready to cover your state’s redistricting efforts? Do you know:
• Who will be drawing your state’s new Congressional and state House districts, and how they’ll go about it?
• Which districts are most likely to face dramatic change?
• Which demographic or other interest groups are likely to be helped or hurt?
• What happens if the process deadlocks?
• Why it matters so much?
• Where to find the answers to these questions?
Join the National Press Foundation for a free, one-hour webinar from 2-3 p.m. Friday, February 18. Two national experts will address policy, politics and reporting about this complex, every-10-years process that goes to the heart of our representative democracy. We’ll also introduce new, open-source software that allows you to analyze proposed maps, or even create your own.
|2:00 – 3:00 PM||
Dr. Michael P. McDonald
Moderated by: Linda Topping Streitfeld, Director of Programs, National Press Foundation
There is no fee to attend, but you must register online.